Addictions/Substance Abuse Recovery
People experience addictions in various ways. From substances to gambling to work to unhealthy relationships, addictions occur in various forms as an unhealthy means of coping through life.
Several therapists at Monarch Wellness specialize in substance abuse. If you can relate to the following, it’s time for a healthier change:
- Taking the substance in larger amounts or for longer than you’re meant to.
- Wanting to cut down or stop using the substance but not being able to.
- Spending a lot of time getting, using, or recovering from use of the substance.
- Cravings and urges to use the substance.
- Not managing to do what you should at work, home, or school because of substance use.
- Continuing to use, even when it causes problems in relationships.
- Giving up important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of substance use.
- Using substances again and again, even when it puts you in danger.
- Continuing to use, even when you know you have a physical or psychological problem that could have been caused or made worse by the substance.
- Needing more of the substance to get the effect you want (tolerance).
- Development of withdrawal symptoms, which can be relieved by taking more of the substance.
We do not have a detox, inpatient, or intensive outpatient program for substance abuse recovery at Monarch Wellness. Our outpatient services are more appropriate for people who are exploring recovery options, have already completed one of the above mentioned programs, or are already involved with AA and a sponsor.
If you are ready to begin your path to recovery, or continue building a healthy sober lifestyle, give us a call and we’ll match you with a therapist specializing in substance abuse. If your situation is outside of our scope of practice, we can help you find appropriate referrals.