Daniel Riggs, LCSW, ACHP-SW
“In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” ~ Albert Einstein
Daniel is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker Florida. He moved to Naples from Missouri in 2013. Daniel started his social work career working with victims of domestic violence as a victim advocate. Daniel also worked with the Division of Youth Services in residential treatment centers for adjudicated youth before coming to Naples. After moving to Naples, Daniel Worked as a Social Worker with Hospice patients and their family before transitioning into working as a bereavement counselor.
Daniel prefers working from a Solution Focused and Strengths based approach to connect with children, teens, adults, and families. He has a passion for working with kids and youth in overcoming challenging experiences as well as supporting the family in being involved in this process. Daniel approaches clients by assuming that they are the experts on their own situations and that his role is to assist families in formulating realistic goals and expectations for what they would like to accomplish during the therapeutic relationship.
Daniel also enjoys working with adults struggling with anxiety, depression, grief/loss, family challenges and life transitions in individual, family, and couples sessions. Daniel also has experience with individuals in the military and their families; he served in the Army National Guard for 13 years, assisting with state emergencies as well as serving on overseas deployments. He uses a variety of techniques in therapy including cognitive behavioral, motivational interviewing, mindfulness exercises, and examining the structure within families.
Daniel believes that each of us has the power to be what we want to be and that life has a way of making us stronger and more resilient through all of our experiences, both shared and individual. He focuses on facilitating growth based on the strengths that are already present within each one of us.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Missouri State University
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Missouri State University
Training & Therapeutic Approaches include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Advanced Group Facilitation Training through the Missouri Division of Youth Services
- Motivational Interviewing
- Structural therapy
- 4 years working with individual and groups of teenagers in residential treatment centers.
- Grief and loss therapy as a children’s bereavement counselor with children and their families.
- Work with families who have dealt with trauma and domestic violence
Professional Qualifications and Associations:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in Florida
- Advanced Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care
DANIEL IS IN-NETWORK WITH MEDICARE, AETNA, AND NEW DIRECTIONS (FLORIDA BLUE/BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD)