Phara Morame, LCSW, MCAP
“It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light” ~ Aristotle
Phara L. Morame is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) who joined Monarch Wellness in 2018 with a focus on individuals in their later stages of life. Although southwest Florida is known as a haven for older adults/geriatrics, Phara understands the challenges individuals in assisted living facilities may face to meet their mental and emotional health needs. Working in partnership with a clinical treatment team, Phara provides services to older individuals in Collier County and the surrounding areas in the comfort of their own home or assisted living facility. In addition to geriatrics, she also specializes in marital and pre-marital counseling.
Phara earned her Master’s degree in Social Work from Western Michigan University in 2011 and her undergraduate degree in Psychology from Calvin College in Grand Rapids MI in 2006. She has practiced in Michigan as well as Florida. In addition, she has earned her Master’s Level Certified Addiction Professional in 2016 demonstrating expertise in treating substance use disorders. Her professional experience includes working with older adults/geriatrics, adolescents, young adults and families in outpatient, home-based, and residential settings. She has also worked with refugees from Eastern Europe and other parts of the world. She provides community presentations on various topics including age-related adjustments, graceful aging, self-harm, depression and anxiety, and the impact of substance use disorder and interventions.
Phara is also trained to provide Bariatric surgery evaluations. She understands the potential effects ( pre and post) it can have on individuals seeking that kind of treatment/ procedure and is able and willing to complete pre and post bariatric surgery evaluations and counseling. Further, Phara is an approved supervisor for the state of FL and available to supervise registered clinical social work interns working towards licensure.
Phara is a well-rounded therapist in the community. During her spare time, she enjoys running, playing basketball, cooking, dancing, the beach and spending time with her family and friends. Phara is married and has 3 children including a pair of twins. She values family and understands the intricacy of a family system.
Specialties including but not limited to:
- Anxiety Disorders (including PTSD)
- Mood Imbalance (including Depression and Bipolar)
- Geriatric/phase of life problems
- Family system/Couples/premarital
- Substance Use Disorders/Addiction
“Knowledge is knowing what to say; wisdom is knowing when to say it” ~Unknown
“I am an eclectic practitioner-meaning I utilize multiple approaches to help individuals reach their goals. However, I find myself aligning more with the following perspectives:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ( CBT)- due to its tenet of helping clients better understand the connection among thoughts, feelings and behaviors;
- Solution-Focused( SF)-I believe that people generally seek therapy/services with immediate needs so I utilize SF to help solve certain problems;
- Motivational Enhancement (ME)-to enhance innate motivation for change;
- Existential Therapy to help individuals search for life meaning as loss of life meaning often result in despair;
- Family Systems-I strongly believes that certain behaviors can be a manifestation of dysfunction within the family thus utilizing family system to help bring insight to the family and restore fragmented relationships.
- Psychodynamic perspective –while I do not believe that a person should dwell in the past, I do believe that a person’s past certainly can influence the present and future, therefore I believe Psychodynamic perspective has merit in therapy to some extent as psychological forces that underlie human behavior, feelings, and emotions often time have a direct correlation to early experiences.
“My overarching goal as a therapist is to utilize evidence based techniques to help my clients achieve their wellness goals.”
“No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care” ~Unknown
For services in assisted living facilities, please contact Phara Morame at 616-425-1870 or 239-231-3208.