Family Activities Help During Transitions
What we all know about life is that it is ever-changing. We age, change occupations, move homes, get married, divorce, have babies, etc. Change is a beautiful occurrence because it is a chance for you to grow. Growth, however, can prove to be difficult both for the body and the mind. Family activities and counseling can help these tough transitions by assisting parents and their children in coping with change. Here are some ways that families can come together to support each other through tough times.
- Let go of unnecessary tasks during this time. You can let the laundry sit a bit longer, the lawn can wait until tomorrow to get cut, and do not take on any additional tasks during this transition. Put your focus on family activities at this time.
- Spend time at home with the family. Cook dinner at home, play board games or watch a movie together. Spending time as a family will create a stronger bond between all members of the family.
- Take wellness classes such as a yoga class together. Times of transition are a great opportunity to introduce a new healthy coping strategy such as yoga. It is a healthy way to release the stress that the family is experiencing. It teaches positive coping skills such as mindful movement and focused breathing. Plus, it is fun!
- Get out of the house and out into nature. Visit your local park and walk the trails with your family. Go to the beach and have a picnic with them. Re-energize by breathing in the fresh air and in knowing that you will all get through the transition that you are experiencing.
- Attend family counseling together. Family counseling helps in that the counselor can listen to all members of the family and facilitate communication. We have family group therapy sessions that are extremely helpful to families going through transitions or who are in need of better communication.
Through life’s changes and challenges, working together as a family is important. Monarch Wellness has multiple classes and groups for families, teens, and young children. Browse through our website or call us for more information at 239-231-3208 . Monarch Wellness is located at 843 Myrtle Terrace, Naples, Florida 34103.