Office Health Precautions & Safety Policies
With respect to the coronavirus pandemic, we are diligently following the guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control, Health and Human Services, The National Association of Social Workers, The Association for Play Therapy, and our local jurisdiction. In accordance with these guidelines, we have taken reasonable preventative measures within the office to protect our clients and staff, intending to reduce the risk and slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- MANDATORY MASK POLICY THROUGHOUT OFFICE
- TELEHEALTH AND PHONE SESSIONS ARE AVAILABLE AND RECOMMENDED, PARTICULARY FOR HIGHER RISK CLIENTS.
- We use a HIPAA compliant, fully confidential platform for telehealth services. Instructions will be provided before your appointment if you prefer telehealth sessions.
- PLEASE CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT OR REQUEST TELEHEALTH OR PHONE SESSION IF YOU ARE DISPLAYING ANY SYMPTOMS OF ILLNESS OR HAVE KNOWINGLY BEEN EXPOSED TO THE VIRUS OR A HIGH-RISK ENVIRONMENT.
- SAFE DISTANCING AND MINIMIZING DIRECT CONTACT
- Physical contact (such as shaking hands) is not permitted.
- Do not bring others to wait in the waiting room while in session (with the exception of legal guardian/s, parent/s of minors, and individuals needing physical assistance).
- Wait in your car or downstairs until no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time. (Please be mindful of noise travel near our neighbors’ windows/doors if talking on the phone or together.)
- Credit card machine is now virtual, with highest security standards.
- SANITATION AND DISINFECTION
- Anti-bacterial soap available in restroom. WASH HANDS for at least 20 seconds (sing the birthday song! 😊), especially after restroom use, touching face, coughing, sneezing, blowing nose, etc.
- HAND SANITIZER and tissues are available in therapy rooms, waiting room, and at the reception counter.
- Pens are thoroughly sanitized after use. Common areas of the office (& therapy supplies which are now limited) are frequently sanitized.