The ever-growing field of neuroscience continues to affirm some observations we have noted throughout our experience witnessing the transformation and healing process within our community:
- Connection is vital to the human experience. There is power in knowing you are not alone. When individuals are able to walk through through their healing together with vulnerability and support of one another, the collective mission of transformation is inevitable.
- Traditional psychotherapy does not always reach the root of issues hidden within the subconscious and unconscious mind. Like our individual services, our groups are integrative and based on neuroscience research.
- The body does not lie and holds more emotional stress and trauma than we can imagine and identify. As world renowned psychiatrist and researcher Dr. Bessel van der Kolk describes, “The body keeps the Score.” Thus, full brain/body/spirit integration through expressive and creative modalities and somatic work is vital to the healing process.
- Groups sometimes feel safer and less intrusive for some individuals and others may not be interested in individualized services.
- Classes/groups are more feasible for many individuals since the fee is less than a private individual therapy session.
Call our office for more information and to register for upcoming groups.