Yoga: 5 Surprising Benefits for All Ages
The ancient practice of yoga has long been known to have many health benefits. Not only is this exercise good for the body, it is also good for the mind and soul. It creates a connection between all three. But, there may be some benefits to yoga that you have not realized.
- You will sleep better. The nervous system plays a large role in sleep. Yoga helps to relax the nervous system. This results in a better night’s sleep. The meditative aspect during class also helps to ease a racing mind.
- It increases your circulation. With all of the twisting, turning, stretching, and bending in and out of poses, your body is moving your blood through your body. This helps to bring oxygenated blood to the cells. These movements also help to thin your blood, aids in avoiding blood clots and stroke.
- It improves your balance. Practicing yoga takes focus on holding and balancing in the poses. Over time these will become easier to accomplish and your balance will become stronger and steadier. You will find this helpful in class and also will notice better balance in your daily life.
- It moves your lymphatic fluid. Your body does not naturally move lymph fluid like your heart pumps blood. It relies on the body’s movement to push it around the body. Certain poses will encourage lymph fluid movement.
- You will feel more energetic. Your energy level will increase from getting more sleep at night. Also, your body will feel more energetic from the deep focused breathing. Your cells will receive more oxygen, causing you to feel more energy. There are specific poses that work against fatigue that your instructor can suggest.
With so many benefits of yoga, it is an exercise that everyone should try at least once – with doctor’s approval of course. Here at Monarch Wellness, we have several types of yoga classes. Drop into a yoga for anxiety, yoga for strength, or a family fun class. Please call us at 239-231-3208 for more information. We are located at 843 Myrtle Terrace, Naples, Florida 34103.
Tags: family yoga classes integrative services Monarch Wellness Naples kids yoga Naples yoga naples yoga classes yoga yoga class yoga classes in Naples yoga for addictions yoga for seniors yoga in Bonita Springs yoga near me