Kimberly Rodgers, LCSW, RPT-S
Kimberly is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker through the state of Florida with a passion to empower others to overcome the challenges of life. She is a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor as well as supervisor of clinical social work interns pursuing licensure.
Kimberly uses a holistic approach in addressing all factors impacting a person, including environmental stressors and trauma history, to bring about positive change. Emphasis is placed on connection between mind, body, and spirit, with insight facilitating a healthy balance. Her spiritual faith led her to the field of clinical social work and belief in the ability to heal. Having personal experience through struggles of life, she feels honored with the opportunity to empower clients to break free from their pain to emerge with freedom and peace, strengthened by stronger coping skills and a more positive outlook on life. She recognizes that health and wellness is a life-long journey, and life challenges open the door for continued strengthening, learning and self-awareness.
Kimberly enjoys working with children, families, and adults with unresolved childhood trauma, family issues, or stress. Her training as a Yoga Teacher expanded her view of therapeutic modalities beyond traditional counseling and led her to transform Monarch Therapy, LLC into Monarch Wellness. She encourages clients to experience the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual benefits of an integrative approach, including stress relief and learning to be in the present.
In addition to overseeing Monarch Wellness, she is also Editor of eFitFamily.com, our sister website dedicated to providing information and inspiration to everyday families, to help you live healthier every day with simple steps. Kimberly is a Board Member of the Mental Health Association of Southwest Florida, a wonderful organization dedicated to promoting mental health, preventing mental and substance use conditions and achieving victory over mental illnesses and addictions through advocacy, education, research and service. She also serves on the advisory Board for the House of Gaia, Colliery County’s local non-profit community learning center with a global heart and continues to support other local non-profits. Kimberly was recently awarded 2017 Social Worker of the Year for Southwest Florida for service to the community and Monarch Wellness’ cutting edge integrative approach.
Anybody whose calling it is to guide souls should have his own soul guided first, so that he knows what it means to deal with the human soul… It is, of course, essential, for anyone who does not understand himself cannot understand others and can never be psychotherapeutically effective unless he has first treated himself with the same medicine.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and French minor from the University of Georgia in 1998, Magna Cum Laude
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work from the University of Central Florida in 2003, with a Graduate Certificate in Children’s Services
Training & Therapeutic Approaches
- Play therapy, particularly sand tray, which is a safe way for clients of all ages to work through trauma and other issues
- EMDR(Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing), one of the most effective therapies for trauma
- Solution focused brief therapy, a positive approach to resolution
- Mindfulness, including deep breathing, guided imagery, meditation, yoga, and qi-gong
- Trauma Incident Reduction
- Rapid Resolution Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Kimberly strongly believes in the continuous learning experience and enjoys staying current with evidenced based best practice approaches, not only to maintain continuing education requirements for licensure and play therapy credential, but more importantly to efficiently guide clients through the healing process.
- Foster care, adoption, substance abuse treatment, youth shelter, school-based counseling, and sexual assault crisis center settings
- Children, adolescents, and adults
- Individual, couples, family, and group counseling
- Counseling focusing on issues of attachment, abuse, neglect, sexual violence, low self-esteem, stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief, anger, social skills, divorce, blended families, adjustment, parenting, child behavioral issues, and other family related issues
- Graduate Research Assistant, focusing on research related to school counseling and youth issues
- Clinical Director of a sexual assault crisis center, supervising counselors and building up the counseling department
- School-based counselor at an elementary school working with children individually and in groups, as well as classroom prevention activities and parent & teacher training/psycho-education
- Trained foster & adoptive parents and completed family assessments/home studies for approval as foster/adoptive parents
- Assistant teacher of adolescents aged 12-17 at an emergency youth shelter for children removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect, abandonment, and juvenile delinquency
- Personal multicultural experience from living in Europe as well as working on cruise ships
Professional Qualifications and Associations
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) through the State of Florida Department of Health (SW#8600)
- Qualified Supervisor through the State of Florida Department of Health to supervise registered clinical social work interns pursuing licensure
- Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S) through the Association for Play Therapy to supervise play therapists
- Mental Health Association of Southwest Florida, Board Member
- House of Gaia, Advisory Board Member
- Completed levels 1-10 of Sand Tray Training with Sand Tray Training Institute of New Mexico
- EMDRIA (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association) member
- APT (Association for Play Therapy) member-national and state, former Vice President of the Southwest Florida Chapter
- NASW (National Association of Social Workers) member-national and FL chapter
- Editor, eFitFamily.com
- Certified MAPP instructor (Model Approach to Partnerships in Parenting–foster care/adoption parent training)
- Completed yoga teacher training
Member of Counselor Naples