Kimberly Rodgers, LCSW, RPT-S, CCTP-II
Kimberly is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker through the state of Florida with a passion to empower others to overcome emotional challenges in life. She is a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, EMDR Certified Therapist, and Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (Level II-Complex Trauma).
Kimberly uses a holistic approach in addressing all factors impacting a person, including environmental stressors and trauma history, to bring about positive change. With over 20 years of experience in healthcare, she has found that some of the key ingredients for a peaceful balanced life include acceptance, self-awareness, self-regulation, connection with others, and integration of mind, body, and spirit. Her spiritual faith led her to the field of clinical social work, with trust in human resilience and the ability to heal. Having personal experience through various struggles in life, she feels honored with the opportunity to empower clients to break free from their pain to emerge with freedom and peace, strengthened by stronger coping skills and a more positive outlook on life. She recognizes that health and wellness is a life-long journey, and each challenge is a learning opportunity opening the door for further mental strengthening, insight, and expansion of self-awareness and personal growth.
Kimberly enjoys helping adults, adolescents, children, and families work through emotional trauma (PTSD) and the grieving process, manage stress/anxiety in healthy ways, and adjust through life transitions (family changes, illness, relocation, other life adjustments). Her training as a Yoga Teacher expanded her view of therapeutic modalities beyond traditional counseling and led her to transform Monarch Therapy, LLC into Monarch Wellness. She encourages clients to experience the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual benefits of an integrative approach, including stress relief and learning to be in the present.
In addition to overseeing Monarch Wellness, she is also Editor of eFitFamily.com, our sister website dedicated to providing information and inspiration to everyday families, to help you live healthier every day with simple steps. Kimberly is a Board Member of the Mental Health Association of Southwest Florida, an organization dedicated to promoting mental health, preventing mental and substance use conditions and achieving victory over mental illnesses and addictions through advocacy, education, research and service. She also serves on the advisory Board for the House of Gaia, Colliery County’s local non-profit community learning center with a global heart and continues to support other local non-profits. In the past, she has served as Chair and Vice-President for the Southwest Chapter of the Florida Association for Play Therapy, focused on advancing the discipline of play therapy through promotion of the value of play, play therapy, and credentialed play therapists. Kimberly was awarded 2017 Social Worker of the Year by Southwest Florida National Association of Social Workers for service to the community and Monarch Wellness’ cutting edge integrative approach.
“Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and French minor from the University of Georgia, Magna Cum Laude
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work from the University of Central Florida, with a Graduate Certificate in Children’s Services
Training & Therapeutic Approaches
Kimberly strongly believes in the continuous learning experience and enjoys staying current with evidenced based best practice approaches, not only to maintain continuing education requirements for licensure, play therapy, and trauma professional credentials, but more importantly to efficiently guide clients through the healing process.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) ~ one of the most effective evidenced-based therapies for trauma. Completed EMDR training, formerly referred to as Levels 1 & 2 [50+ hours training & consultation] and Certification [30+ hours additional training & consultation], with advanced trainings focused on complex trauma, dissociation, and application of EMDR in conjunction with other therapeutic modalities.
- Play therapy ~ counseling utilizing a child’s natural language of play ~ “play is the language; toys are the words.” Completed 150 hours play therapy training, 30 hours clinical supervision training, 850 hours play therapy experience, 35 hours play therapy supervision.
- Sand Tray Therapy ~ a safe and powerful way for clients of all ages to work through trauma and other emotional issues. Completed levels 1-10 of Core Sand Tray Training [120 hours] through the Sand Tray Training Institute of New Mexico, as well as additional advanced trainings.
- Solution focused brief therapy, a positive approach to resolution
- Yoga ~ Completed 200+ hour yoga teacher training and mindfulness focused courses, including deep breathing techniques, guided imagery, meditation, qi-gong, and other integrative medicine practices.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Trauma Incident Reduction
- Rapid Resolution Therapy
- Internal Family Systems Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Gottman Couples Therapy
- Many additional trainings over the years focused on effective treatment of trauma, anxiety, child & family issues, and integrative/ holistic modalities
- Adults, adolescents, and children
- Individual, couples, family, and group counseling
- Counseling focusing on issues of attachment, abuse, neglect, sexual violence, low self-esteem, stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief, anger, social skills, divorce, blended families, adjustment, parenting, child behavioral issues, and other family related issues
- Graduate Research Assistant, focusing on research related to school counseling and youth issues
- Clinical Director of a sexual assault crisis center ~ Supervising counselors, building up the counseling department, and providing therapy to survivors of sexual violence, traumatic grief (including suicide, car accidents, etc.), and other trauma
- School-based counselor at an elementary school ~ Working with children individually and in family and group sessions, as well as classroom prevention activities and parent & teacher training/psycho-education regarding mental health issues
- Trained foster & adoptive parents, completed family assessments/home studies for approval as foster/adoptive parents, and helped build counseling program for adoptive families struggling through the transition
- Assistant teacher of adolescents aged 12-17 at an emergency youth shelter for children removed from their homes due to abuse, neglect, abandonment, and juvenile delinquency
- Personal multicultural experience from living in Europe as well as working on cruise ships
Professional Qualifications and Associations
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) through the State of Florida Department of Health (SW#8600)
- Qualified Supervisor through the State of Florida Department of Health to supervise registered clinical social work interns pursuing licensure
- Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S) through the Association for Play Therapy
- EMDR Certified Therapist through EMDR International Association
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, Level II-Complex Trauma (CCTP-II) through the International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Mental Health Association of Southwest Florida, Board Member
- House of Gaia, Advisory Board Member
- Member of APT (Association for Play Therapy)-national and state
- Former Chair and Vice President of the Southwest Chapter of the Florida Association for Play Therapy
- Member of NASW (National Association of Social Workers)-national and FL chapter, and awarded 2017 Social Worker of the year for southwest Florida.
- Member of EMDRIA (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing International Association)
- Member of IATP (International Association of Trauma Professionals)
- Editor, eFitFamily.com
- Certified MAPP instructor (Model Approach to Partnerships in Parenting–foster care/adoption parent training)